“There is nothing gutsier to me than a person announcing that their story is one that deserves to be told, especially if that person is a woman. As hard as we have worked and as far as we have come, there are still so many forces conspiring to tell women that our concerns are petty, our opinions aren’t needed, that we lack the gravitas necessary for our stories to matter. But I want to tell my stories and, more than that, I have to in order to stay sane.”
- Lena Dunham
Lena is a bold, unabashed monologue for Lena Dunham, the mega-talented writer/director/producer/actress powerhouse. This pastel lime green polish will give you the guts to do your thang and not care who likes it. Pair this polish with the Selena and Musgraves polishes.
- 0.5 fl oz
- 5-free / No dibutyl phthalate (DBP), formaldehyde, toluene, formaldehyde resin, and camphor a.k.a. the stuff that may or may not be bad for you that we avoid just in case
- Cruelty-free / No puppies harmed
- Loves feminist rants
PRO POLISH TIPS FROM OUR NAIL TECHS
- ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS apply a base coat, it makes any and every nail polish less likely to chip!
- Apply two thin coats of polish – too much and polish will dry unevenly and get bubbly.
- Whip that wet brush quickly down your nail in fast swoops, this ensures the polish spreads smoothly.
- It's ok if you don't completely cover the entire nail in the first coat, you'll get it on the second!
- ALWAYS finish your mani off with a top coat.
- Be sure to apply the top coat completely over the very tips of your nails (the free edges) to seal the polish and prevent chipping.
- MOST IMPORTANT! Want to your polish to last almost a week? Keep in your purse a small bottle of top coat and apply a top coat of polish to your nails (especially the edges) every. single. day. It works MIRACLES. #trust
For even more pro tips on making your mani last, check out this blog post: 10 Ways to Make Your Mani Actually Last